Experience Map

How does it work?
1. Click on one pin on the map! Each pin represents an institution. The name of the institution will be displayed if you click on the pin.
2. Click on one of the categories below: City, Institution or Intercultural Challenges. The results are displayed under the map.
If you want to look for results in another category for the same pin, you only have to click on this category. You want to go back and choose another pin? Please click on Back to all.

Intercultural Challenges
Survival tipps
Beijing Foreign Studies University
39.95249619, 116.30249879
Topic Visa

Here you can find some information about how to apply for a visa for your stay in Beijing.


If you want to study there, you would probably apply for the X1 or X2 visa, depending on the duration of your stay. You should have in mind that you can only enter China once, if you apply for the X2 visa, which is used for a stay in China no longer than 180 days. If you need to enter more than one time it is also possible to buy additional entries when applying for the visa. The X1 visa allows unlimited entries during a period for a stay longer than 180 days.

If somebody wants to visit you in Beijing up to six days, depending on your nationality, it is possible to get a transit visa for free for the region “Beijing”. Note, that the person must go to a different country after that and not to the same country he or she arrived from.

Normal tourist visas do cost money. If you write an invitation to the friend or family member who wants to visit you it is a lot easier to get it according to my experience.

Did you like the article?

Please vote: